SkyWheel Upgrade Progress Report
The SkyWheel will be closed starting January 14, 2021 until further notice.
SKYWHEEL® MYRTLE BEACH ANNOUNCES HALFWAY POINT IN REVAMP PROJECT
SKYWHEEL® MYRTLE BEACH, Myrtle Beach, SC, March 18, 2021 – SkyWheel® Myrtle Beach has come to the halfway point in its major makeover which began on January 14, 2021. The revamp project is in celebration of their upcoming 10th birthday. Currently, the SkyWheel® is partially dismantled in order to install exciting new improvements to the wheel and gondolas including a dynamic, state-of-the-art lighting system.
“This project is moving along nicely, and we are all excited about the improvements that we have seen come to life so far.” said Angie Goeppinger, General Manager for SkyWheel® Myrtle Beach. “As we are now at the halfway point, we are starting to see all of the hard work come to life, and we can’t wait to share that with our guests!”
SkyWheel® Myrtle Beach will announce the official reopening date within the next few weeks as its 10th birthday celebration plans take shape. Here is a current progress report for the project:
- Creating dynamic light shows for gender reveals, nightly exciting shows, and special themed holiday shows
- Gondolas are receiving a deep clean as well as new flooring and seats
- Prepping the SkyWheel® exterior structure for transfer back to Myrtle Beach from Wichita Kansas
- Fabricating the center decorative globe equip with the SkyWheel® logo and lights
- Preparing to take online reservations for VIP access, gender reveals, and regular admissions for the upcoming season
SkyWheel® Myrtle Beach plans to open in May, with a special VIP pre access party. For more information regarding all things SkyWheel® and updates on this major revamp, please visit the website at www.SkyWheelMB.com.
For questions please contact Rachel Beckerman, Marketing and Brand Manager for SkyWheel Attractions at email@example.com.