SkyWheel Covid-19 Update
May 23, 2020 – UPDATE
SkyWheel Myrtle beach announces a reopening date
SkyWheel Myrtle Beach plans to reopen their doors after temporary closure due to COVID-19n
For the past two months during this closure, SkyWheel Myrtle Beach has been closely monitoring the conditions of COVID-19, while following the guidance from national, state and local authorities. With the announcement that the Governor’s order has been lifted, SkyWheel Myrtle Beach is now able to implement their reopening preparations. SkyWheel Myrtle Beach will be re-opening to the public with limited hours on May 25, 2020.
SkyWheel Myrtle Beach prides themselves on providing a safe environment for their guests and crew, which is why this reopening was done with aggressive planning and preparation. “We want to make sure we are respecting our crew and our guests during this time,” said Angie Goeppinger, General Manager of SkyWheel Myrtle Beach. “We want to make sure we create a balance of safety and fun, which we feel our new procedures cover.”
In an effort to keep their guests and crew safe, SkyWheel Myrtle Beach has implemented the following safety guidelines:
- All Crew Members will be screened prior to work including temperature and wellness checks
- Hand Sanitizers have been added throughout the venue in key locations where crew or guests frequent.
- All Crew Members will be issued and required to wear facemasks while working.
- Social distancing measures have been implemented in the ticket line and queue line, requiring 6’ distance between all groups, no congregating of crew, and no strangers are ever be placed in the gondola together.
- Touchless ticket scanning is provided. Guests are encouraged to purchase their tickets online in advance.
- A strict sanitation schedule will be maintained throughout the entire venue. This includes measures such as cleaning and sanitizing railings and gates every hour and crew members dedicated solely to cleaning and disinfecting
SkyWheel Myrtle Beach is committed to doing everything they can to create a fun and welcoming environment for their guests. “We are excited to see our guests again,” said Cara Maxwell, Assistant Manager of SkyWheel Myrtle Beach, “It has been a long couple of months, and we are ready to see those smiling faces, but of course in the safest manner possible.”
SkyWheel® started as a stand-alone iconic attraction in May 2011 with SkyWheel Myrtle Beach. The SkyWheel® is not a carnival ride, but a modern, safe observation wheel towering almost 200 feet in the air. The SkyWheel® has fully enclosed gondolas offering a safe and secure flight with glass windows and doors for optimal views and photography. The venue is open year-round, rain or shine. SkyWheel® Myrtle Beach appeals to the broadest possible demographic and is unique in its ability to bring together groups and families of different backgrounds, ages, and interests to share a memorable experience. The SkyWheel® is fully wheelchair and scooter accessible. For questions please contact Rachel Beckerman, Marketing and Brand Manager for SkyWheel Attractions at email@example.com.
For a full list of all SkyWheel COVID-19 procedures please click here.
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce – https://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/plan/visitor-resources/healthy-travel-information/
- Accelerate SC Guidelines for Attractions – https://governor.sc.gov/sites/default/files/Documents/Executive-Orders/Guidelines%20for%20Reopening%20Attractions%20-%20FINAL.pdf
- CDC Guidelines – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html